Researching One and Two Variable Data
- The Statistics Project will consist of researching one and two variable data using the tools acquired in Units 1 & 2 to answer a topic question, which you will create.
- You will find data and perform statistics calculations in Microsoft Excel and follow up with a written report to be completed in Micorosoft Word. You will be given approximately 10 periods in the library to complete a large portion of the work.
- All mathematical calculations are to be completed using technology through Microsoft Excel.
- The written report and excel file will be handed in electronically through the hand-in folder at school.
|Statistics Project: Proposal||This ADOBE READER (.pdf) document outlines your proposal for your Statistics Project.|
|Statistics Project: Expectations||This ADOBE READER (.pdf) document contains all of the expectations for your Statistics Project.|
|Statistics Project: Rubric||This ADOBE READER (.pdf) document contains the marking scheme for your Statistics Project.|
|Student Exemplar: Written Report||Student Exemplar Written Report for you to use as a reference when attempting to answer your main and sub-topic questions.|
|Student Exemplar: Excel Data Tables||Student Exemplar Excel file for you to use as a reference when collecting data for your project.|
|Student Exemplar: Marked Rubric||Student Exemplar Marked Rubric for you to use as a reference to compare your finished product with that of an excellent project.|
Creating a Fair Casino Game
- The Probability Project will consist of creating a casino style game using the tools acquired in Units 3 through 7, with virtually no limitations.
- There is only a written portion to this project. This project is much smaller than the Statistics Project, so you will be given approximately 4 periods in the library to complete a large portion of the work.
- All mathematical calculations are to be completed using technology. Microsoft Excel is recommended for calculations, graphs, and other data manipulations.
|Probability Project: Expectations||This Microsoft Word (.doc) document contains all of the expectations for your Probability Project.|
|Probability Project: Rubric||This Microsoft Word (.doc) document contains the marking scheme for your Probability Project.|