MPM1D Quick Links:
Assessment and Mark Information – MPM1D Principles of Mathematics, Grade 9 Academic
Assessment Data, Descriptive Feedback and Student Information
Click on the screenshot of your course assessment spreadsheet below to gain access to your assessment data and descriptive feedback. This public Google Drive Spreadsheet will outline your assessments and mark data, homework checks, forms to be submitted and descriptive feedback for all MPM1D Grade 9 Academic Mathematics courses.
Term Work represents 70% of the final mark, EQAO represents 10% and the final exam represents 20% of the MPM1D Final Mark.
Course Description – MPM1D Principles of Mathematics, Grade 9 Academic
This course enables students to develop an understanding of mathematical concepts related to algebra, analytic geometry, and measurement and geometry through investigation, the effective use of technology, and abstract reasoning. Students will investigate relationships, which they will then generalize as equations of lines, and will determine the connections between different representations of a linear relation. They will also explore relationships that emerge from the measurement of three-dimensional figures and two-dimensional shapes. Students will reason mathematically and communicate their thinking as they solve multi-step problems.
Strands and Subgroups in the MPM1D Grade 9 Principles of Mathematics, Academic Course
Number Sense and Algebra
- Operating with Exponents
- Manipulating Expressions and Solving Equations
- Using Data Management to Investigate Relationships
- Understanding Characteristics of Linear Relations
- Connecting Various Representations of Linear Relations
- Investigating the Relationship Between the Equation of a Relation and the Shape of Its Graph
- Investigating the Properties of Slope
- Using the Properties of Linear Relations to Solve Problems
Measurement and Geometry
- Investigating the Optimal Values of Measurements
- Solving Problems Involving Perimeter, Area, Surface Area, and Volume
- Investigating and Applying Geometric Relationships