Tap Into Teen Minds Resources
I hope you enjoyed my Tap Into Teen Minds Presentation at EdTech Teacher iPad Summit USA in Boston. I especially appreciate the questions and feedback you provided throughout the session to help guide the direction of the presentation. I’ve also included useful links in the Big Ideas section at the bottom of the page.
Feel free to download the presentation slides here or by clicking the image below:
Big Ideas from the Session:
- Technology is only effective when there is an effective teacher in the room
- How you use technology may look differently depending on the group of learners you are working with
- Apple TV is an effective tool for 1:1 and One iPad Classrooms – Learn how to setup/use Apple TV here
- SAMR Model is a great model, but we have to understand that starting at the substitution stage is not bad. Movement up and down the ladder is logical throughout the learning process. Learn about my post: Digital Worksheet Rant Is Hurting Progress.
- GoodNotes is a great launching pad for math classes. Read and watch my GoodNotes review here.
- Learn more about going digital in your classroom and saving to the cloud. Read more here.
- Sharing folders in the cloud. Read about advantages/disadvantages of Dropbox vs. Google and a later post that uncovers some Google Drive Bugs.
- Learn more about useful apps in math class Explain Everything, Algebra Touch, and DragonBox.
- Using Google Drive Spreadsheets or Evernote for Assessment/Feedback
- Redefining Mathematics Education by Blogging and a follow up post here.
- Real World Math / 3 Act Math Tasks by Common Core Standards
Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions!